Our People are Our Greatest Asset
Our people are our greatest asset because they care! We will never be pie-in-the-sky; but rather are focused on improving operations today and providing a better tomorrow. Our people are not pure programmers, or sales representatives ready to ship you off to backstaffers waiting to execute – NO! Our clients interact directly with the consultants who also are the developers in a given project. Therefore, it’s important that our people are capable of understanding the client’s business, learn about the industry and translate problems and pains into actionable requirements… and then develop the actual Business Intelligence solution.
Yes, we do have Jack of all trades, however we insist that they are masters too! By being diverse, our team members can wear “different hats” throughout the day, and provide our varied clients phenomenal service. We are energized by helping customers find that exception, issue, or their missing data. We look for motivated individuals to join us in our quest to find solutions, develop innovative technology, and provide exceptional service to our customers.
Our core principles: take initiative; be passionate; always communicate; know your business; always communicate; be entrepreneurial; provide excellent customer service; know your technology; always communicate; be accountable; have a strong and balanced work ethic; and always communicate.
Business Intelligence Positions:
This position is a chance to be the star. We are a premium business intelligence consulting group, with extreme levels of customer satisfaction and strong industry and functional knowledge for prospects. We have never hired a pure marketing position as that has been left to sales. However, if you are one who can move the needle, this is your chance.
Primary Duties of the Marketing Manager:
- Impacts sales results by developing, supporting and executing field marketing and segment activities.
- Strategizes and executes marketing campaigns and plans events depending on expertise.
- Works with appropriate clients to support campaigns.
- Determines appropriate customized programs and strategies for various market segments.
- Provides coordination and project management to ensure event success.
- Manages use of CRM system for campaigns and sales forecasting with sales.
- Provides input on requirements for additional tools.
- Publicizes event and works with Account Development to raise awareness and drive high levels of attendance and participation by targeted audience.
- Advises on new ideas to generate revenue for various clientele
- College degree preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, deadline drive environment
- Comfortable in speaking in large groups / strong presentation skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with others and foster a positive company and brand image
- Demonstrated team management and leadership ability is a plus
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
WHAT THIS IS NOT:
We are NOT hiring administrative, office, telemarketing, social media only or B2B positions. If you are looking for a typical boring in-office-sit-at-a-desk-all-day position, do not apply! This is not the job for you. Please only apply if you’re looking for a career with a chance for growth and opportunities for expansion.
We are looking for an experienced developer/analyst who is comfortable working as a Business Intelligence consultant, interacting directly with clients and other developers. The business world changes every day and our competences need to change with it. In order to stay on the cutting edge, our consultants need to be driven to learn and be creative in applying high quality solutions to complex problems. Most importantly, our client’s needs must always be at the center of our efforts! Business Impact is a solutions provider, and our products and service must always meet the end users expectations. Thus, part of your challenge is to translate complex problems into simple analytics that our users can act on. As a consultant, you will represent the full supply chain of data from source to front end reporting, and need to have (or acquire) knowledge of the full process.
The ideal Business Intelligence Engineer must be effective working both independently, and as part of a team environment. Our team at Business Impact works hard, smart and together. The position may be based anywhere in the U.S., with occasional overnight travel to project locations and to our headquarters (est. 15-30%).
- Work both independently and as part of a project team to develop and maintain business intelligence databases, and create reports (Relational and OLAP)
- Assist clients in solving Ad Hoc data related issues
- Review user requests, create project specifications and estimate time and cost to fulfill client requirements
- Meet with client decision-makers and analysts to define requirements and prepare deliverable estimates
- Enable self-service reporting through development and training of standard reports and dashboards
- Design, validate, QA, and deploy using ETL/data staging programs
- Assist in the development of data models and elements, and document how they are used
- Rapidly learn business and technology concepts while completing projects with concurrent deadlines
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in Business Intelligence Reporting, visualizing analytics in an actionable way
- Knowledge of relational data, data warehousing and OLAP concepts (star/snowflake schema design, Kimball methodologies)
- Familiarity and experience with Transact-SQL, triggers, indexes, views and stored procedures based on business logic
- Experience with business processes and functions performed by ERP/accounting systems a plus
- Ability to understand client business data and integrate multiple sources into optimal data structures
- Ability to build team and customer confidence by being trustworthy and competent
- Ability to communicate and participate in creating a good work environment
Desired Technical Skills (Not all required!)
- MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005
- SQL Server Data Tools (BIDS) and SSAS, multidimensional and tabular
- Reporting tools: TARGIT, Power BI, Tableau, SSRS, Yellowfin, other OLAP viewers
- Database Tools: MS SS Management Studio and Tools, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler
- ETL Tools: SSIS, WhereScape, TimeXtender
- Operating Systems: MS Windows Server 2014 and back
- Programming Languages: T-SQL, .NET, C#
- Web/Data Capabilities: IIS, Web Services, JSON
- Office Productivity Suite: MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Preferred Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Several years of relevant professional experience
- Working experience with Dynamics NAV, AX, GP, CRM, Ross, or JDE a plus
Performs administrative duties for management. Responsibilities may include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports and presentations; collection and organization of travel expenses to be sent to the bookkeeper; and customer relations. Requires strong computer and internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required. Duties to be performed in Chapel Hill, NC.